South African Air Traffic Safety Electronics Personnel Association (SAATSEPA)
About usSAATSEPA is a voluntary, independent, non-profit association of individuals exchanging experience and technical knowledge in the provision of engineering support for the Air Traffic Management community.
VisionTo provide a platform for the exchange of experience and technical knowledge to facilitate the provision of engineering support and safety to the Air Traffic Management community.
MissionSAATSEPA strives to provide leadership within the Air Traffic Safety Electronics discipline to support its members in becoming more effective aviation professionals in maintaining safer skies.
• Growth & development
- SAATSEPA objectives:
- To actively promote safety, efficiency and regularity in air navigation systems.
- To assist and advise in the development of electronics systems to maintain the safe, orderly and expeditious flow of air traffic.
- To uphold a high standard of knowledge and professional interest of Air Traffic Safety Personnel.
- To disseminate scientific and technical knowledge to the benefit of the Air Traffic Control and Management industries.
- To make mutually beneficial affiliations with other professional organisations.
- To identify, present, promote and safeguard the collective professional interests and needs of its members.
ATSEP Basic Training course
This course is for ATSEP's and engineering support staff who are new to the aviation industry including all ANSP personnel required to undertake operational safety related tasks. It will provide participants with the fundamental knowledge of the Air Navigation Service Provider (ANSP) environment, by providing initial training for Air Traffic Safety Electronics Personnel (ATSEP), in line with ICAO Doc 7192 Training Manual Part E-2 Air Traffic Safety Electronics Personnel (ATSEP).
Download ATSEP training course info