International Federation of Air Traffic Safety Electronics Associations (IFATSEA)
About usInternational Federation of Air Traffic Safety Electronics Associations (IFATSEA) unites the professional associations of Air Traffic Safety Electronics Personnel (ATSEPs) from around the world.
Our visionIFATSEA is the authoritative voice on the competence of air traffic safety electronics personnel. Using our strong global network, we actively contribute to the improvement of air traffic safety performance.
GovernanceIFATSEA is governed by an Executive Board. Elections are conducted every two years at the Annual General Assembly, at each occasion half of the board membership is available for election. In addition to electing the members of the Executive Board, the Assembly is empowered to adopt resolutions, enact constitutional changes and make other decisions in IFATSEA's interests. The Executive Board deals with the business of IFATSEA between the Annual Assemblies. Following changes to the IFATSEA constitution adopted in 2013, the Executive Board comprises a total of 8 elected officers. Elected officers serve a four-year term and are eligible for re-election. The officers of the IFATSEA Executive Board are President, Executive Secretary, Treasurer and Vice-President along with four Regional Board members, also known as Regional Directors. The Regional Directors co-ordinate matters which are of interest to affiliates on a regional basis. Affiliates are organised into the regional groups of Africa, Americas, Asia Pacific and Europe.
Working with other ATM stakeholdersIFATSEA is recognised as an observer by ICAO. Working together with Eurocontrol, IFATSEA developed the ATSEP training manual adopted as ICAO document 7192. IFATSEA contributes to the work of the SESAR Joint Undertaking, defining the future technology platform for the Single European Sky. IFATSEA participates in the EASA rulemaking activities related to ATSEPs and their competency. IFATSEA maintains working relationships with the ATM staff trade union organisations European Transport Workers' Federation (ETF) and International Transport Workers' Federation (ITF). IFATSEA also collaborates with the global federations for other Aviation Professional Staff – IFATCA and IFALPA.
- IFATSEA's objectives:
- To operate as a non-political Federation of Air Traffic Safety Electronics Associations.
- To promote safety, efficiency and regularity in international air navigation.
- To assist and advise in the development of electronics systems to maintain the safe, orderly and expeditious flow of air traffic.
- To uphold a high standard of knowledge and professional efficiency among Air Traffic Safety Electronics personnel.
- To protect and safeguard the collective professional interests of Air Traffic Safety Electronics personnel.
- To make mutual benefit affiliations with other professional organisations.
- To strive for a worldwide Federation of Air Traffic Safety Electronics Associations.